The Oneida City School District is pleased to inform you of a change we will be making to our Pre-K and Kindergarten registration procedures. The district, in an effort to make this process more efficient and easier for parents, is opening an on-line registration for parents of Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten students.
- Start - Enter Student/Parent Contact & Enrollment Information: Oneida CSD Online Registration Form.
- Print & Complete Additional Forms: You will need to complete the forms below. (If you access the forms before January 31st, 2017 you will be able to download and print the forms to turn in. However, if you wish to register after January 31st, 2017 you will be able to electronically submit all of the forms directly from the website.)
- Drop off Forms and Additional Information to Complete the Enrollment Process: Parents can drop these off at any of the four elementary schools at any time after the on-line registration (Step #1) has been completed and we will compile the paperwork with our Registrar.
You will need to provide the following additional information when you bring in the completed forms:
- Custody paperwork (where applicable)
- Copy of your child’s last physical-
- Immunization Records
- Birth Certificate
- Proof of Residency
We would ask that you complete this process by March 31st, 2017. Later in the spring, if your child is attending Kindergarten, you will receive a letter detailing when Kindergarten Open House will be for your child’s school. If your child will be attending Pre-K in the fall of 2017 you will receive a letter from Mrs. Yardley with any instructions for meeting dates and times. We will still have our normal registration day on March 17th, 2017 at Willard Prior ES from 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m., 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m., and from 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m..
Please know that to register for either pre-Kindergarten or Kindergarten for the 2017-2018 school year, the following conditions must be met:
- PRE-KINDERGARTEN: Your child must turn 4 by December 1, 2017.
- KINDERGARTEN: Your child must turn 5 by December 1, 2017.
NEW YORK STATE LAW requires your child to have a physical exam upon entering school.
1) The physical report must be submitted by the first day of school
2) The physical must have been done within 12 months prior to entering school.
3) The physical report should contain an indication of lead screening results.
NEW YORK STATE LAW requires the following immunizations for entrance into school:
* 3 Polio * 3 Hep B
* 1 MMR * 3 HiB
* 3 DTaP * 1 Variva
* 4 Pneumococcal
Official proof of these immunizations must be submitted at the time of registration.
Immunizations are available by calling Oneida County @ 798-5748 or Madison County @ 366-2361. A sliding fee scale will be used for those without insurance.
If you have any questions at all about registering your child for Pre-K or Kindergarten, please do not hesitate to contact Lori Cimpi (District Registrar) at 361-6072 or Tina Lane at 363-2550.